We all tend to use a little more makeup once the summer months come to an end. Here are some great primer tricks to master this fall.
1. There are great benefits to using a tinted formula. Primers with a pink tint to them, add a nice glow. Lilac shades help brighten sallow or yellowish skin. To help neutralize redness go for a green shade. Just keep in mind that less is more. A drop about the size of a raisin is plenty,any more than that will pull under your foundation.
Try Revlon’s Photoready Color Correcting Primer or Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Primer in Green.
2. Do not forget about your eyes. Priming around your eyes counteracts redness, helps prevent crows feet, & prevents makeup from smudging or absorbing oils. It is a MUST.
3. Do not go overboard on the acne. Remember that too much can actually make it worse. Look for primers that have anti-acne ingredients in them so that you can skip the spot treatment.
Pick up Smashbox Photo Finish More than Primer Blemish Control.
4. Give your lashes some life. We all love the look of long, thick lashes. Use a primer before applying your regular mascara to help create that look. Limit your coats of mascara to only 2, anything more than that will create clumping.
Try Lancome Cils Booster XL or Tarte Multipleye Lash Primer.
5. If you are a huge fan of lipstick, you definitely want to prime your lips. This will prevent lipstick from settling into the cracks of your lips or flaking off.
E.L.F. Lip Primer & Plumper will get the job done (you can also just use regular face primer!)
6. Always finish with a translucent powder. This will help set your makeup for the day.
Remember this order:
1. Primer (on EVERYTHING)
2. Liquid Foundation/Tinted Moisturizer
3. Translucent Powder